The Law Office of Dana L. White is pleased to introduce Associate Attorney Haley M. Shaw as the newest addition to our firm, primarily practicing family law, including divorce, child support, modifications, and custody matters. Haley also provides legal services related to probate law, estate planning, and civil litigation.
Born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas, Haley earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Stanford University in 2016. While at Stanford, she served as the President of the Korean Student Association and Chair of the Powwow Volunteer Committee, organizing hundreds of volunteers for the largest student-run powwow in North America.
In 2021 Haley received her Juris Doctorate from Baylor University. During her tenure at Baylor, she excelled academically, with Baylor awarding her the Dean’s Academic Excellence Full-Tuition Scholarship. She also led the Native American Law Student Association as its Vice Chair and the National Outreach Chair of the American Constitution Society. Moreover, Haley served as President of the Animal Legal Defense Fund and served at the Veteran’s Clinic.
Following her admission into the Texas State Bar, Haley relocated to Tyler, Texas. She worked as an Associate Attorney for Boyd, Boyd & Giddens, primarily practicing general civil litigation matters throughout Texas, including insurance defense, personal injury law, premises liability, and product liability cases.
Haley provides clients with zealous representation while also providing guidance on the spirit as well as the letter of the law. She is an empathetic listener enabling her to gain the requisite understanding and perspective on clients’ interests and objectives from which she can communicate informed yet tailored advice. She considers her representation of clients as a shared partnership wherein the ‘partners’ can collaborate and work together in developing beneficial legal strategies and outcomes.
Haley currently serves as a member of the Smith County Bar Association, including its Young Lawyer’s Association, serving as a Board Member. Haley also gained admission to the federal Eastern District Bar in 2022.
Through Rotary International, Haley volunteers her time, treasure, and talent, participating in various charitable local and international service projects, valuing her role in an organization whose motto is “service above self” and whose pursuit of global harmony, kindness, peace, and goodwill enriches unity and diversity.
Haley speaks proficient Korean and some Hindi. Outside the office, Haley enjoys reading, Texas Rangers baseball, Victorian literature, and pub trivia.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Basic Mediation
- Child Custody
- Civil Litigation
- Estate/Testamentary Planning
- Texas State Bar, 2021
- Eastern District Bar, 2022
- Baylor Law School — Waco, TX
- Juris Doctor, May 2021
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Native American Law Student Association Vice-Chair
- American Constitution Society National Outreach Chair
- Animal Legal Defense Fund, President
- Veteran’s Clinic
- Stanford University — Palo Alto, CA
- Bachelor of Arts in English, June 2016
- President of the Korean Student Association
- Powwow Volunteer Committee Chair
- Associate Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC, October 2022 – present
- Associate Attorney, Boyd, Boyd & Giddens(Tyler, TX), August 2021 – September 2022
- Summer Clerk, Crockett Law(Houston, TX), June – July 2020
- Research Assistant, Professor James Underwood(Waco, TX), January 2020 – April 2021
- Intern, Tarrant County Office of Judicial Staff Counsel (Fort Worth, TX), June – July 2019
SKILLS & INTERESTS
- Proficient in Korean, speaks some Hindi
- Proud attendee of the Texas Rangers back-to-back World Series appearances in 2010-11
- Victorian literature enthusiast
- Member of Rotary International