TEXAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE CAN ASSIST IN HELPING YOU DISCOVER AND IMPLEMENT YOUR PLAN TO ‘PROTECT WHAT MATTERS MOST.’
Dana acts as Owner and Managing Attorney for the Law Office of Dana L. White and has over 28 years of experience practicing law. Dana primarily practices family law, including but not limited to custody, divorce, termination, adoption, and marital property agreements. She also provides legal services in Estate Planning/Trusts/Wills.
Dana is licensed to practice in Texas and the Federal Court, Northern District of Texas. Dana is also a member of the Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association and the Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association.
TEXAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE’S APPROACH
Texas family law attorney Dana L. White believes knowledge and preparation are critical to any legal outcome, whether drafting the correct contract, finding answers in discovery, or having informed clients.
Dana knows how to adapt to any situation quickly. What makes Dana’s approach unique: Dana crafts a legal game plan for a positive outcome based upon her clients’ wishes, while simultaneously fashioning alternative ‘fallback’ contingencies. From a very young age, Dana has held the philosophy of not putting all of your ‘eggs in one basket,’ which has served her, her team, and her clients in countless advantageous ways. She understands that no matter how hard you plan in life decisions, a chance always exists where something can derail or interfere with your initial strategy, including such events as losing your job, family illness, or dealing with intractable third parties.
So, instead of giving up on the desired outcome under Plan A when conditions get rough, Dana already has her ‘next move’ (Plan B) crafted, which she can promptly put into play, allowing her to react immediately to any obstacles presented under Plan A. Dana refers to this as her “If-Then” plan for success in her mitigation of any unanticipated matters.
What is more, Dana knows that the overall purpose of designing a backup plan is not to replace the original strategy, but instead, to help her and her team achieve a beneficial outcome, keeping plan B, or even C, etc., as potential strategies. The intent of crafting Plan B and perhaps even C are not used as substitutions for Plan A; but, rather to have them ready to launch in the background in case they might be needed, allowing our office to readily continue our quest toward your goals.
ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE’S BACKGROUND
Texas family law attorney Dana L. White earned a B.A. Degree in Political Science from the University of Texas at Arlington. After relocating to Washington State, she received a Juris Doctor Degree from Seattle University in 1994. She practiced law in Seattle, Washington, for over seven years, a King County Bar Association member. While in Washington, Dana spent countless hours of her time volunteering at the King County neighborhood legal clinics.
In 2002, Dana relocated with her family back to her home state of Texas. A native of Tarrant County, Texas, Dana has been married for over 37 years and has resided in Southlake for 20 years. Her daughter, Hannah, formerly a student at Carroll Senior High School, graduated with a degree in Engineering from Stanford University in California and is currently pursuing her MBA at the University of Texas.
Dana has an excellent reputation and is known in the community and among her peers for providing quality, individualized service and attention to clients needing assistance, receiving numerous recognitions and awards, as listed below.
ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE’S ACTIVITIES IN THE COMMUNITY
Dana maintains strong ties with her community and actively pursues harmony, kindness, and goodwill. Dana currently serves as a Board Member of the Southlake Rotary Club, formerly serving in such roles as President and Secretary. Dana volunteers her treasure, her time, and her resources in assisting various local and international service projects, including the fight to end polio worldwide, which is rapidly approaching total eradication.
Rotary’s annual Department of Public Safety (DPS) Appreciation Event honoring area public servants/first responders is another project near and dear to Dana’s heart. Held annually in Southlake Town Square, Dana diligently works to raise money/gifts from area merchants awarded to Southlake’s Officer/First Responder of the Year. She works with her fellow Rotarians in serving burgers, BBQ, hotdogs, and sandwiches to no less than 400 area citizens at the DPS event. The Club was also able to award $6,000 in scholarships to children of DPS employees planning to attend college/trade schools. Other Rotary projects in which Dana is actively involved include facilitating the distribution of dictionaries to area elementary school students, clothing distribution to area homeless shelters, gift distributions to GRACE, and helping to Keep Southlake Beautiful, a quarterly trash pick-up project.
Dana appreciates Rotary’s mission statement of ‘service before self’ and intends to continue working on charitable service projects, including honoring first public servants/responders, bolstering wounded warriors, and reinforcing other area service groups, including GRACE, the Community Storehouse, and Metroport Meals on Wheels, which provides support to families and individuals in crisis. She has been honored to serve as a Rotary Board Member/Secretary/ President of a club recognized as the “Rotary Club of the Year” for small clubs in Rotary District 5790.
Dana also serves as a Board Officer/Secretary for the North Texas Shield Foundation, Inc. (NTSFI), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which provides the Department of Public Safety for the police officers and firefighters of a particular community ‘Peace of Mind.’ Founded by renowned local jeweler Pieter Andries and retired police chief officer of Southlake Marlin Price, NTSFI works with families to help with any costs that the family may not afford. Specifically, NTSFI provides the Chief of Police or Fire Chief of an area community a check for $5000-$10,000 at the first request, instantly and immediately, to help with the needs of a fallen police officer’s or firefighter’s family, such as airline/travel costs to bring in family members.
Dana is also a member of several area women’s professional networking groups, including Grapevine’s Women Who Wined Down on Wednesdays (WWWDOW), and Together We Shine. Her role in these networking initiatives includes forming business relationships, assisting other members with business opportunities, and contributing and presenting informational seminars for other women in the area.
Dana also avows a deep faith and has been an active member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Southlake for over 20 years.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Marital Property Agreements
- Estate Planning: Trusts/Wills/Testamentary Documents
- Texas, 2002
- Washington, 1994
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Texas
BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association
- Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- the University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- B.A. in Political Science – 1990
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Southlake, TX (since 2015)
- Managing Partner/ Co-Founder, Justice & White, PLLC Southlake, TX (2005-2015)
- Associate Attorney, Dorst & Associates, N. Richland Hills, TX (2002-2005)
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Kent, WA (1995-2002)
- Voted a “Top Attorney” by peers in the areas of Family Law and Collaborative Law, featured in Fort Worth Magazine (2009-2021)
- Voted the “Best Attorney” (2019-2021) in NE Tarrant County by community readers, featured in Living Magazine.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Family Law by peers in Tarrant County, featured in Southlake Style Magazine’s “2021 Top Lawyers,” Sept. 2021.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Family Law in Tarrant County, featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Tops in Tarrant County,” edition, Jan. 2021.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Estate Planning in Tarrant County, featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Tops in Tarrant County,” edition, Jan. 2020.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” (2019) in NE Tarrant County by peers, featured in 360 West & 76092.
- Featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Who’s Who in Business” and “Women in Business” editions, 2018-2021.
- Featured in LivingMagazine’s “Leading Women” editions, 2018-2020.
- Nominated/selected as 1 of the 10 ‘Inspirational, Accomplished & Engaging Women of NE Tarrant County’ for 2018 & featured in Society Life Magazine, July 2018.
- Voted “Southlake’s 2018 Small Businessperson of the Year” by the Alignable Community Network, Southlake, TX.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS
- Southlake Rotary Club Board Member (2017-present)
- Southlake Rotary Club President (2019-2020)
- Southlake Rotary Club Secretary & President-Elect (2018-2019)
- Board Officer/Secretary of the North Texas Shield Foundation (2019-present)
- Member of the Keller Chamber of Commerce (2019-present)
- Contributor/Author for Best Version Media’s Southlake Neighbors (2019-present)
- Co-Facilitator/Member of Grapevine Women’s Group, WWWDOW, (2015-present)
- Member of Together We Shine Women’s Networking Group (2017-2020)
- Member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church (2002-present)
- Library Volunteer, Southlake Carroll ISD, (2002-2006)
- WSBA Legal Clinics, 1998
- Speaker, “5 Important Testamentary Documents Everyone Should Have,” Tarrant County Polka Dot Powerhouse, 2020
- Speaker, “Hot Topics in Family Law,” WWWDOW, 2018
- Speaker, “Five Documents Everyone Needs,” Texas Retired Teacher’s Annual Conference, McKinney, Texas, 2016.
- Speaker, “Child Support Establishment & Modification,” 2009-2010
- Married over 37 years to David White, a mechanical research engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Daughter, Hannah White, Carroll Senior High School graduate, Stanford University graduate (B.S. Engineering, 2017), pursuing MBA at the University of Texas (2021-)
- Loves traveling the world
- Dana’s favorite quote that she endeavors to live by is a Bible verse taken from 2nd Corinthians 5:7 —“I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.”
Visit our Facebook Page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Instagram!
Connect on LinkedIn!
View our Google Reviews!