Meet Texas Family Law Attorney Dana L. White
TEXAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE ALWAYS HAS A PLAN…. AND THEN, SHE HAS ALTERNATIVE FALLBACK PLANS: A, B, C, D…. etc.
TEXAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY DANA WHITE CAN ASSIST IN HELPING YOU DISCOVER AND IMPLEMENT YOUR PLAN TO ‘PROTECT WHAT MATTERS MOST.’ Dana believes that knowledge & preparation is the key to any legal outcome, whether that means drafting the correct contract, finding answers in discovery, or having informed clients.
Dana acts as Owner and Managing Attorney for the Law Office of Dana L. White and has over 25 years of experience practicing law. Dana primarily practices family law, including but not limited to custody, divorce, termination, adoption, and marital property agreements. She also provides legal services in wills/probate, employment law, general business formation, and civil litigation.
Dana is licensed to practice in Texas and Washington and the Federal Court, Northern District of Texas. Dana is also a member of the Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association and the Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association.
Texas Family Law Attorney Dana L. White’s Approach
Attorney Dana believes knowledge and preparation are critical to any legal outcome, whether drafting the correct contract, finding answers in discovery, or having informed clients. Dana extends both a compassionate and no-nonsense approach in her family law practice. Her paramount mission and motto in the representation of clients are “protecting what matters most,” a system dictating a customized, personalized process driven by each client’s unique circumstances.
Attorney Dana L. White’s Background
Attorney Dana earned a B.A. Degree in Political Science from the University of Texas at Arlington. After relocating to Washington State, she received a Juris Doctor Degree from Seattle University in 1994. She practiced law in Seattle, Washington, for over seven years, a King County Bar Association member. While in Washington, Dana spent countless hours of her time volunteering at the King County neighborhood legal clinics.
In 2002, Dana relocated with her family back to her home state of Texas. A native of Tarrant County, Texas, Dana has been married for over 37 years and has resided in Southlake for 19 years. Her daughter, Hannah, formerly a student at Carroll Senior High School, graduated with a degree in Engineering from Stanford University in California and is currently pursuing her MBA at the University of Texas.
Dana has an excellent reputation and is known in the community and among her peers for providing quality, individualized service and attention to clients needing assistance, receiving numerous recognitions and awards, as listed below.
Attorney Dana L. White’s Activities in the Community
Dana maintains strong ties with her community and actively pursues harmony, kindness, and goodwill. Formerly serving in such roles as President and Secretary, Dana currently serves as a Board Member of the Southlake Rotary Club. She volunteers her time and resources in various local and international service projects, including the fight to end polio worldwide, rapidly approaching total eradication.
Rotary’s annual Department of Public Safety (DPS) Appreciation Event honoring area public servants/first responders is another project near and dear to Dana’s heart. Held annually in Southlake Town Square, Dana diligently works to raise money/gifts from area merchants awarded to Southlake’s Officer/First Responder of the Year. She works with her fellow Rotarians in serving burgers, BBQ, hotdogs, and sandwiches to no less than 400 area citizens at the DPS event. The Club was also able to award $6,000 in scholarships to four children of DPS employees. Other Rotary projects in which Dana is actively involved include facilitating the distribution of dictionaries to area elementary school students, clothing distribution to area homeless shelters, gift distribution to GRACE, and helping to Keep Southlake Beautiful, a quarterly trash pick-up project.
Dana appreciates Rotary’s mission statement of ‘service before self’ and intends to continue working on charitable service projects, including honoring first public servants/responders, bolstering wounded warriors, and reinforcing other area service groups, including GRACE, the Community Storehouse, and Metroport Meals on Wheels, which provides support to families and individuals in crisis. She has been honored to serve as a Rotary Board Member/Secretary/ President of a club recognized as the “Rotary Club of the Year” for small clubs in Rotary District 5790.
Dana also serves as a Board Officer/Secretary for the North Texas Shield Foundation, Inc. (NTSFI), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which provides the Department of Public Safety for the police officers and firefighters of a particular community ‘Peace of Mind.’ Founded by renowned local jeweler Pieter Andries and retired police chief officer of Southlake Marlin Price, NTSFI works with families to help with any costs that the family may not afford. Specifically, NTSFI provides the Chief of Police or Fire Chief of an area community a check for $5000-$10,000 at the first request, instantly and immediately, to help with the needs of a fallen police officer’s or firefighter’s family, such as airline/travel costs to bring in family members.
Dana is also a member of several area women’s professional networking groups, including Tarrant County’s Polka Dot Powerhouse, Grapevine’s Women Who Wined Down on Wednesdays (WWWDOW), and Together We Shine. Her role in these networking initiatives includes forming business relationships, assisting other members with business opportunities, and contributing and presenting informational seminars for other women in the area.
Dana also avows a deep faith and has been an active member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Southlake for over 15 years.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Marital Property Agreements
- Estate Planning
- Employment Law
- General Business/Civil Litigation
- Business Entity Formation
- Texas, 2002
- Washington, 1994
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Texas
Bar Association Memberships
- Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association
- Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar
- Collaborative Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 1994
- the University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- B.A. in Political Science – 1990
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Southlake, TX (since 2015)
- Managing Partner/ Co-Founder, Justice & White, PLLC Southlake, TX (2005-2015)
- Associate Attorney, Dorst & Associates, N. Richland Hills, TX (2002-2004)
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Kent, WA (1995-2002)
- Voted a “Top Attorney” by peers in the areas of Family Law and Collaborative Law, featured in Fort Worth Magazine (2009-2021)
- Voted the “Best Attorney” (2019-2021) in NE Tarrant County by community readers, featured in Living Magazine.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Family Law by peers in Tarrant County, featured in Southlake Style Magazine’s “2021 Top Lawyers,” Sept. 2021.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Family Law in Tarrant County, featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Tops in Tarrant County,” edition, Jan. 2021.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Estate Planning in Tarrant County, featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Tops in Tarrant County,” edition, Jan. 2020.
- Voted a “Top Attorney” (2019) in NE Tarrant County by peers, featured in 360 West & 76092.
- Featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Who’s Who in Business” and “Women in Business” editions, 2018-2021.
- Featured in Living Magazine’s “Leading Women” editions, 2018-2020.
- Nominated/selected as 1 of the 10 ‘Inspirational, Accomplished & Engaging Women of NE Tarrant County’ for 2018 & featured in Society Life Magazine, July 2018.
- Voted “Southlake’s 2018 Small Businessperson of the Year” by the Alignable Community Network, Southlake, TX.
Community Service & Community Associations
- Southlake Rotary Club President (2019-2020)
- Southlake Rotary Club Secretary & President-Elect (2018-2019)
- Board Member, Southlake Rotary Club (2017-present)
- Board Officer/Secretary of the North Texas Shield Foundation (2019-present)
- Member of the Keller Chamber of Commerce (2019-present)
- Contributor/Author for Best Version Media’s Southlake Neighbors (2019-present)
- Co-Facilitator/Member of Grapevine Women’s Group, WWWDOW, (2015-present)
- A Founding Member of the Tarrant County Polka Dot Powerhouse (2020)
- Member of Together We Shine Women’s Networking Group (2017-2020)
- Member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church (2002-present)
- Library Volunteer, Southlake Carroll ISD, (2002-2006)
- WSBA Legal Clinics, 1998
- Speaker, “5 Important Testamentary Documents Everyone Should Have,” Tarrant County Polka Dot Powerhouse, 2020
- Speaker, “Hot Topics in Family Law,” WWWDOW, 2018
- Speaker, “Five Documents Everyone Needs,” Texas Retired Teacher’s Annual Conference, McKinney, Texas, 2016.
- Speaker, “Child Support Establishment & Modification,” 2009-2010
- Married over 37 years to David White, an aeronautical design engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Daughter, Hannah White, Carroll Senior High School graduate, Stanford University graduate (B.S. Engineering, 2017), pursuing MBA at University of Texas (2021-)
- Loves traveling the world
- Dana’s favorite quote that she endeavors to live by is a Bible verse taken from 2nd Corinthians 5:7 —“I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.”
What We Do
At the Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC, we know that every family situation is unique and presents its own distinctive set of legal and practical challenges. We approach your case ready to think outside the box and craft creative solutions that meet your specific needs. We are particularly experienced in high net worth and difficult asset issues, as well as high-conflict and complicated child custody cases. As a fully committed family law office, we are supportive of anybody who wants to serve the best interests of the child, be they the mother, father, grandparent or other family members, or interested parties.
Comprehensive, Reliable Representation
You’ll always have dynamic, reliable representation for any case you bring to the Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC. We are a Southlake, Texas domestic relations law firm serving clients throughout the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area. At our office, we take a comprehensive approach to solve your family law matter, including you in the process so you can make informed decisions and know what to expect at every step. We include the use of consultants in forensic psychiatry, forensic accounting, business/asset valuation, and other professions as necessary to ensure that your needs are always adequately addressed. Our aim is to meet your needs and achieve your goals while simultaneously serving the best interests of the children involved.
The Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC is conveniently located in the heart of Southlake, Texas at 540 Silicon Drive, Suite #100, Southlake, TX 76092, behind Dragon Stadium near the intersection of Silicon Drive and Kimball.