Meet Attorney Kimberly A. Butler
Kimberly Butler has been working with North Texas families since 1997. She started out working with troubled youth and their families as a juvenile probation officer in Denton County. Her love and belief in the inherent goodness of children fueled her work to reach the youth of Denton County and show them there is another way through life. In many children’s lives, it takes just one person to show their genuine care to have an impact on their outcome in life. Kimberly still hopes today that she may have been that person for even just one child. Kimberly practices in all areas of family law including juvenile law and CPS defense; guardianship, testamentary planning, and probate matters; and other general civil matters.
Whatever your family structure, whatever your family needs, Kim is here to help get you through the “business” of the legal system so you can get back to the “living” of life! Kimberly has focused on making sure that ALL families, no matter the makeup, are secure and whole in their familial relationships, whether a single parent family, two-parent family, grandparents /aunties/ uncles raising your grandchildren/nieces/ nephews, same-sex parents, or foster parents wishing to adopt.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- CPS defense/juvenile matters
- Estate/Testamentary Planning
- Business Entity Formation
- Texas State Bar, 2004
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- J.D. – 2003
- Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
- B.S. in Criminal Justice– 1998
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, studied Animal Science (1988-90)
- Associate Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Southlake, TX (since 2017)
- Owner/Attorney, Law Office of Kimberly A. Butler, Denton County, TX (2004-2016)
- Instructor, Remington College, Criminal Justice degree program, DFW metro (2010-2011)
- Juvenile Probation Officer, Denton County, TX (1997-2001)
- Featured in the Texas Bar Journal December 2015 issue in the ATJ ProBono Champion article
Community Service & Community Associations
- Member of Alpha Phi Omega Beta Sigma Alumni Association
- Service Missions to Mexico with church group
- Volunteer with Austin Street Shelter and Stewpot organizations in Dallas serving the needs of the homeless population
- Volunteer at the Presbyterian Night Shelter/Women’s shelter in Fort Worth
- Assisted with homeless veterans in Fort Worth with legal matters
- Preparing meals to be sent to under-developed areas throughout the world
- Organize support of selected families at Christmas
- Member of Alpha Phi Omega, National Co-Ed Service Fraternity, at Texas Tech and now member of the alumni association, performing service projects on local and national levels.
Kimberly grew up in Denton County, a proud member of the Lewisville Fighting Farmer Class of ’88!! She has served the Denton County communities throughout both of her adult careers as a Juvenile Probation Officer and as an attorney. Kimberly now lives in Trophy Club with her fur-baby, Lex Luthor, the dog who sleeps on a Superman blanket.
Kim enjoys spending time with family as often as possible and travelling when she can, preferably to see her three incredible nephews, whom she adores!
When Kimberly is not hanging out with the ‘rents,’ she is busy digging deep into her ancestry learning about the people and paths that were travelled to the time where she finally became a citizen of this awesome planet.