Texas family law attorney Trevor Cantrell is the newest addition to our firm. He earned his B.A. Degree in Political Science from Baylor University, with a concentration in pre-law. After that, Trevor received his M.A. in Political Science from the University of Texas at Dallas. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2018. Being a lifelong Texan, Trevor moved back to Texas to practice law in the community in which he was raised.
Trevor is a member of the Family Law Section of the Texas State Bar as well as the Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association. He primarily practices family law, including but not limited to divorce, modification, and child custody matters. He also provides legal services related to probate law, and civil litigation services.
Trevor has an excellent reputation and is known in the legal community among his peers for providing quality, individualized service, and attention to clients. He was recently recognized by his peers as a “Top Attorney” in Family Law, featured in Southlake Style Magazine’s “2021 Top Lawyers” list in September 2021.
Besides his three-year stint in North Dakota for law school, Trevor is a lifelong Texan. He currently resides in Argyle, where he grew up for most of his childhood. Outside of the office, Trevor is an avid sports fan of the Dallas Cowboys, the Texas Rangers, and his Baylor Bears.
TEXAS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY TREVOR CANTRELL’S APPROACH
Trevor has outstanding communication skills, with exceptional ability and willingness to listen, while also practicing diligence, integrity, and compassion. He exhibits a true passion as a lawyer, ascertaining the needs of clients, gathering, and discovering the relevant details and striving to achieve the best outcome. Trevor has an open mind and thinks ‘outside the box’ to craft superb solutions, tailoring his creativity in every situation, while also maintaining a healthy skepticism. He ensures that clients know and understand all relevant information during negotiation and settlement processes so that they can make informed decisions.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Marital Property Agreements
- Estate Planning
- General Business/Civil Litigation
- Business Entity Formation
Bar Association Memberships
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), University of North Dakota School of Law, 2018
- M.A. degree in Political Science, University of Texas at Dallas, 2015
- B.A. Degree in Political Science, Baylor University, 2012
- Associate Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Southlake, TX (May 2021-)
- Associate Attorney, Glast, Phillips & Murray, P.C. (Jan. 2021-May 2021)
- Law Clerk, Law Offices of Gill & Brissette, (2019-2020)
- Voted a “Top Attorney” in Family Law by peers in Tarrant County, featured in Southlake Style Magazine’s “2021 Top Lawyers,” 2021.
- “Federal Civil Procedure and Federal Courts—Witnesses, Evidence, and Conduct of Counsel: Assessing the Admissibility of Insurance Evidence to Prove Witness Bias, Ventura v. Kyle, 825 F.3d 876 (8th Cir. 2016),” 92 N.D. L. REV. 155-80 (2016).