At the Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC, we know that every family situation is unique and presents its own distinctive set of legal and practical challenges. We approach your case ready to think outside the box and craft creative solutions that meet your specific needs. We are particularly experienced in high net worth and difficult asset issues, as well as high-conflict and complicated child custody cases. Our practice focuses on:
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Immigration (Employment & Family-Based)
Divorce is emotionally painful, and at the same time the legal process can be complicated and frightening. At the Law Office of Dana L. White, PLLC, we recognize that our clients are going through a very difficult time in their lives, and it is our job to help them through it. We advise our clients of their rights and protect their legal interests, while remaining respectful of the family relationships.
About Attorney Dana L. White
ATTORNEY DANA L. WHITE ALWAYS HAS A PLAN….. AND, THEN, SHE HAS ALTERNATIVE FALLBACK PLANS: A, B, C, D…..etc.
LET DANA HELP YOU FIND YOUR PLAN! Dana believes that knowledge & preparation is the key to any legal outcome whether that means drafting the correct contract, finding answers in discovery or having informed clients.
Dana has both a compassionate and no-nonsense approach in her practice of family law. Her paramount mission and motto in the representation of clients is “protecting what matters most.” Because her aim is based upon each client’s subjective perspective, her approach dictates a customized, personalized process driven by each client’s unique circumstances.
Attorney Dana White earned a B.A. Degree in Political Science from the University of Texas at Arlington. After relocating to Washington State, she received a Juris Doctor Degree from Seattle University in 1994. She practiced law in Seattle, Washington for over seven years where she was a member of the King County Bar Association. While in Washington, Dana gave countless hours of her time volunteering at the King County neighborhood legal clinics.
In 2002, Dana relocated with her family back to her home state of Texas. She was born in Tarrant County, Texas so she was glad to come back home. She has been married for over 34 years and resides in Southlake. Her daughter, Hannah, formerly a student at Carroll Senior High School, recently graduated with a degree in Engineering from Stanford University in California. Dana continues to be an avid supporter of the Southlake Dragons.
Dana is licensed to practice in the states of Texas and Washington, as well as in the Federal Court, Northern District of Texas. She is also a member of the Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association, and the Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association. She has over 25 years of experience practicing law.
Dana primarily practices family law, including but not limited to custody, divorce, termination, adoption, and marital property agreements. She also provides legal services in wills/probate, employment law, and general business formation and civil litigation.
Awards & Reputation
Dana has an excellent reputation and is known in the community and among her peers for providing quality, individualized service and attention to clients needing services. Dana was voted a “TOP ATTORNEY” by her peers and featured in the Fort Worth Magazine in 2009-2020 in the area of Family Law.
Dana was also voted “THE Best Attorney” in NE Tarrant County by community readers of Living Magazine (2019 & 2020).
Attorney Dana White was also recently recognized as one of ten inspirational, accomplished and engaging women of Northeast Tarrant County featured in the July 2018 issue of Society Life:
Community Service and Family
Dana maintains strong ties with her community and actively pursues worldwide harmony, kindness, and goodwill. She currently serves on the Board of the Southlake Rotary Club and has served as Past President and Secretary, where she volunteers her time and resources in various local and international service projects, including the fight to end polio worldwide, which is rapidly approaching total eradication.
Rotary’s annual Department of Public Safety (DPS) Appreciation Event honoring area public servants/first responders is another project near and dear to Dana’s heart. Held annually in Southlake Town Square, Dana diligently works to raise money/gifts from area merchants awarded to Southlake’s Officer/First Responder of the Year. She works with her fellow Rotarians in serving burgers, BBQ, hotdogs and sandwiches to no less than 400 area citizens at the DPS event. The Club was also able to award $6,000 in scholarships to four children of DPS employees.
Other Rotary projects of which Dana is actively involved includes facilitating the distribution of dictionaries to area elementary school students and helping to Keep Southlake Beautiful, a quarterly trash pick-up project.
Dana appreciates Rotary’s mission statement of ‘service before self’ and intends to continue working on charitable service projects including honoring first public servants/responders, bolstering wounded warriors and reinforcing other area service groups, including GRACE, the Community Storehouse, and Metroport Meals on Wheels, which provides support to families and individuals in crisis. She is very honored to serve as a Rotary Board Member/Secretary/ President of a club that has been recognized as the “Rotary Club of the Year” for small clubs in Rotary District 5790.
Dana is also a member of several area women’s professional networking groups, including Tarrant County’s Polka Dot Powerhouse, Grapevine’s Women Who Wined Down on Wednesdays (WWWDOW) and Together We Shine. Her role in these networking initiatives include forming business relationships, assisting other members with business opportunities, as well as contributing and presenting informational seminars for other women in the area.
Dana also avows a deep and abiding faith and has been an active member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Southlake for over 15 years.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Marital Property Agreements
- Estate Planning
- Employment Law
- General Business/Civil Litigation
- Business Entity Formation
- Immigration (Employment & Family-based)
- Texas, 2002
- Washington, 1994
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Texas
- Northeast Tarrant County Bar Association
- Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar
- Collaborative Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 1994
- University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- B.A. in Political Science – 1990
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Southlake, TX (since 2015)
- Managing Partner/ Co-Founder, Justice & White, PLLC Southlake, TX (2005-2015)
- Associate Attorney, Dorst & Associates, N. Richland Hills, TX (2002-2004)
- Owner/Managing Attorney, Law Office of Dana L. White, Kent, WA (1995-2002)
- Voted “Top Attorney” by peers areas of Family Law and Collaborative Law, featured in Fort Worth Magazine (2009-2020)
- Voted “Best Attorney” (2019 & 2020) in NE Tarrant County by community readers, Living Magazine
- Voted “Top Attorney” (2019) in NE Tarrant County by community readers of 360 West & 76092.
- Voted “Southlake’s 2018 Small Businessperson of the Year,” Alignable Community Network, Southlake, TX
- Featured in Living Magazine’s “Leading Women” edition, June 2018.
- Nominated/selected as 1 of the 10 ‘Inspirational, Accomplished & Engaging Women of NE Tarrant County’ for 2018 & featured in Society Life Magazine, July 2018.
- Featured in Society Life Magazine’s “Who’s Who in Family Law,” October 2018.
Community Service & Community Associations
- Southlake Rotary Club President (2019-2020)
- Secretary & Board Member, Southlake Rotary Club (March 2017-present)
- Board Officer/Secretary, North Texas Shield Foundation (March 2019-present)
- Co-Facilitator/Member of Grapevine Women’s Group, WWWDOW, (2015-present)
- A Founding Member of the Tarrant County Polka Dot Powerhouse (2020-present)
- Member of the Keller Chamber of Commerce (2019-present)
- Member of Together We Shine Women’s Networking Group
- Member of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church (2002-present)
Informational Seminars/Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “The Five Documents that Everyone Needs ,” Texas Retired Teacher’s Annual Conference, McKinney, Texas, 2016.
- Speaker, “Hot Topics in Family Law,” WWWDOW, 2018
- Speaker, “Child Support Establishment & Modification,” 2009-2010
- Southlake Rotary Club’s Department of Public Safety (DPS) Appreciation Event held annually in September (2017-present) – Raise money/gift cards for Southlake’s First Responder of the Year, serve food to the community at the Southlake Square, seek sponsorship from area merchants to award scholarships to children of DPS employees.
- “Keep Southlake Beautiful” Quarterly Trash-Pick Up (2017-present)
- WSBA Legal Clinics, 1998
- Library Volunteer, Southlake Carroll ISD, 2002-2006
- Married over 34 years to David White, aeronautical design engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Daughter, Hannah White, Carroll Senior High School graduate, Stanford University graduate (B.S. in Engineering, 2017)
- Loves to travel all over the world
Dana’s favorite quote that she endeavors to live by is a Bible verse taken from 2nd Corinthians 5:7 —“I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.”
Get Clear, Compassionate Family Law Counsel
You will find a warm and welcoming environment with a friendly legal team ready to greet you and help you through your family law crisis with dignity and grace. We know that you may be going through a difficult time, and our job is to ease that transition for you while constantly looking out for the best interests of you and your children.
Legal Grounds for Divorce
In the state of Texas, divorce can be based as ”fault” or ”no fault.” In a no fault divorce, the parties are simply stating that the marriage is not salvageable due to ”irreconcilable differences.” A “fault-based” divorce requires a party to provide the court with a valid reason for the divorce. In Texas, legal grounds for a fault-based divorce includes the following:
- Incurable insanity
- Imprisonment for a felony conviction
- Cruel and inhuman treatment
Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Friday, from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. Please refer to our “Contact Us” page for holidays that our office is closed. Consultations are by appointment only. Call 817-917-8121 to schedule an appointment or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprehensive, Reliable Representation
You’ll always have dynamic, persuasive and reliable representation for any case you bring to us.
- When you visit us, you’ll be greeted with compassion and respect. You’re not just a case number. You are an individual we care about.
- You’ll get information that’s clear, concise, and never peppered with confusing legal jargon.
- We’ll speak to you at length to ensure we can provide you with quality, effective legal service for negotiations or trials as needed.
- At our law offices, you’ll have a staunch advocate by your side throughout any family legal matter including divorce and custody.
Talk to us about any family legal need: Divorce, legal separation, and uncontested divorce, spousal support/maintenance, child support, custody and visitation, modifications, paternity, protection orders, adoptions, guardianships and alternative dispute resolutions.
Get to Know our Attorney, Dana L. White:
“I am a compelling and dynamic family law lawyer that is dedicated to protecting your legal interests. When you visit my Southlake, Texas law office, you can rest assured that you will receive staunch advocacy and honest representation. I work diligently to remain informed about changes in the law that matter to you.”
Discuss Your Case With Us Today
Whether you are contemplating a legal separation or are in the midst of a child custody dispute, we’re here to help you discover a solution that works. Your case receives our full attention every time.
Areas of Practice in Texas: Counties to include: Tarrant, Dallas, Denton, Collin, & Johnson. Cities to include: Southlake, Westlake, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Keller, Grapevine, North Richland Hills, HEB area, Denton, Flower, Mound, Lewisville, Frisco, Colleyville, Fort Worth, Dallas, Highland Village, Oak Point, Crossroads, Watauga, Shady Shores, and Copper Canyon.
Contact us today!